Fourteen things you should know about Portland-based copywriter and author, Doug Baldwin
1. He has been at it for 25+ years.
3. He actually grew up in the town of Baldwin, NY.
4. He achieved a brief amount of TV fame as one of Liquid Plum’r’s “Three Guys Plumbing.”
5. In his office, there is a collection of nun-related merchandise and two Mr. Potato Heads.
6. He was formerly known by the name Joseph Sarubbe.
7. Why? It’s a long story. Buy him a Negroni and he’ll tell you the whole thing.
8. He’s a spitting image of the other Doug Baldwin, wide receiver for the Seattle Seahawks.
9. Nope, he’s not related to Alec, Adam or Stephen Baldwin. So stop asking.
10. As you can see, he’s a master of enumerated lists.
• He can also do bullet notes.
12. In addition to the blog below, he writes another one called “Stone-Cold Nuts, Words on Writing and Gambling.”
13. He won the Oregon Book Award for his black-comedy, “Drawing Down Clio,” which skewers the advertising industry.
14. He’s available to write blogs, books, and advertising materials for you and your company.
What people are saying about Doug Baldwin
“Doug Baldwin is my favorite player in the NFL. And he looks so yummy in those tight–What? Not THAT Doug Baldwin? You say he’s a writer? Oh. I don’t know who you’re talking about.”
“Carrying a bandolier stocked with adjectives, adverbs, and nonrestrictive clauses, this man—this hero—has singlehandedly redefined what it means to be a ‘writer’”.
Yep. I do everything write.